Friday, July 27, 2012

Soliloquy


At what point do I stop looking?
At what point do I end this stare so lecherous?
Seeming uninterested, cold stare, unbeckoning
Yet down  below pulses intently. Treacherous
At what point do I step up?
Brace up, firm up
At what point do I speak?
With my tender heart quivering, wondering,
if it will get what it seeks

At what point do we stop being friends
And go a step higher?
I'm pretty damn sure we were made for each other
At what point will you see that?
At what point will all this end?
At what point would you stop running away
And listen to what I have to say?
At what point would I stop being weak?
At what point do i stop longing
for much more than a kiss on my cheek?

In the midst of all ache the intrigue brings,
At what point do I finally realize that you're out of my league?

(c) 2012 Jide Olatunbode

No comments:

Post a Comment